Percentage calculator is a free online tool to calculate percentages.
Find sentences that represents your problem and our online percentage calculator will give you answer immediatelly. Put values in two fields and click on button Calculate to see the correct result.
Use this very straightforward and more complex percentage calculator, which will also show you formula for percentage to solve quickly and understand any problems involving percentage.
About This Free Online Percentage Calculator
This is a free mobile-friendly online percentage calculator which can help you with calculation of percentage and figuring out the correct answer.
It is 3-way percent calculator (to find percentage of a number, calculate x as a percent of y). No matter whether you can count it or not, this online tool will help you find the correct solution. Below you will find also answers for the most frequently asked questions like percentage calculation formula, how can you calculate percentages without calculator, how to calculate the percentage increase or decrease and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions About Percentage Calculation
What Is A Percentage?
How Percentage (%) Is Defined?
Percentage is per-cent which means parts per hundred, it describes how many parts there are out of one hundred parts of a particular thing.
More Detailed Percent Explanation
One percent is equal to 1/100 fraction:
1% = 1/100 = 0.01
Ten percent is equal to 10/100 fraction:
10% = 10/100 = 0.1
Fifty percent is equal to 50/100 fraction:
50% = 50/100 = 0.5
One hundred percent is equal to 100/100 fraction:
100% = 100/100 = 1
One hundred and ten percent is equal to 110/100 fraction:
110% = 110/100 = 1.1
A fraction or ratio with 100 understood as the denominator; for example, 0.98 equals a percentage of 98. The result is obtained by multiplying a quantity by a percent.
Percentage Sign And History
Word "percent" comes from Latin (per centum). In English it means "out of hundred". It is shown by the symbol %.
It is written to the right side of the number: 50%
Formula For Calculation Of Percentage Increase/Decrease
How To Calculate Percentage Increase
To Calculate Percentage Decrease:
Examples - Percentage Increase And Decrease
In January Dylan worked a total of 35 hours, in February he worked 45.5 hours – by what percentage did Dylan’s working hours increase in February?
To tackle this problem first we calculate the difference in hours between the new and old numbers. 45.5 - 35 hours = 10.5 hours. We can see that Dylan worked 10.5 hours more in February than he did in January – this is his increase. To work out the increase as a percentage it is now necessary to divide the increase by the original (January) number:
10.5 ÷ 35 = 0.3
Finally, to get the percentage we multiply the answer by 100. This simply means moving the decimal place two columns to the right.
0.3 × 100 = 30
Dylan therefore worked 30% more hours in February than he did in January.
In March Dylan worked 35 hours again – the same as he did in January (or 100% of his January hours). What is the percentage difference between Dylan’s February hours (45.5) and his March hours (35)? You may think that as there was a 30% increase between Dylan’s January hours (35) and February (45.5) hours that there will be a 30% decrease between his February and March hours. This assumption is incorrect – let’s calculate the difference.
First calculate the decrease in hours, that is: 45.5 - 35 = 10.5
Then divide the decrease by the original number (February hours) so:
10.5 ÷ 45.5 = 0.23 (to two decimal places).
Finally multiply 0.23 by 100 to give 23%. Dylan’s hours were 23% lower in March than in February.
Sometimes it is easier to show percentage decrease as a negative number – to do this follow the formula above to calculate percentage increase – your answer will be a negative number if there was a decrease. In Dylan’s case the decrease works out at -15.5. -10.5 ÷ 45.5 = -0.23. -0.23 × 100 = -23%.
Dylan's hours could be displayed in a data table as:
|Month||Hours Worked||Percentage Change|
What Is X As A Percent Of Y
Use our online percentage calculator find the proportion of one number to another in percentage terms.
Examples Of Finding X As A Percent Of Y
Think of this as turning a fraction into a percentage. Your fraction is x/y, and your percentage is [unknown, here] A/100.
x/y = A/100
The easiest way to do these, then, is to move the fraction around. If you multiply both sides by 100, you get A (your unknown) = 100x divided by y. Just plug in the numbers and out will come the answer. Some examples may make this even clearer.
What is 10 as a percent of 50?
Using the formula that we have just worked out, x is 10 and y is 50. The sum is therefore:v
100 × 10 = 1000
1000 ÷ 50 = 20.
Answer: 10 is 20% of 50.
This method, of course, also works with a more word-based problem.
You have been quoted commission of $7.50 on the sale of a table. The sale price is $150.
Another company has quoted you commission of 4.5%. You want to know which is better value.
This is asking you ‘What is $7.50 as a percent of $150?’.
Using the formula, therefore, x is 7.5 and y is 150.
7.5 × 100 = 750
750 ÷ 150 = 5.
Answer: The commission is 5% on the sale price. The commission of 4.5% is therefore better value for you as a customer.
Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Fractions, decimals and percentages are just different ways to show the same values. In the graph below you can see first fraction, percentage and decimals. Try to click in the fields below to see what is the difference between fraction, percentage and decimals values.
Just imagine you have pie and you slice him into 100 pieces. One slice is 1 percent of the whole pie. This is very important how to work with percents.
Example Values - Pie And Percentage Calculation
Here is a table of commonly used values shown in Percent, Decimal and Fraction form:
Currently, we have around 1975 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and software features for students, teaching and teachers, designers and simply for everyone.
You can find at this page financial calculators, mortgage calculators, calculators for loans, calculators for auto loan and lease calculators, interest calculators, payment calculators, retirement calculators, amortization calculators, investment calculators, inflation calculators, finance calculators, income tax calculators, compound interest calculators, salary calculator, interest rate calculator, sales tax calculator, fitness & health calculators, bmi calculator, calorie calculators, body fat calculator, bmr calculator, ideal weight calculator, pace calculator, pregnancy calculator, pregnancy conception calculator, due date calculator, math calculators, scientific calculator, fraction calculator, percentage calculators, random number generator, triangle calculator, standard deviation calculator, other calculators, age calculator, date calculator, time calculator, hours calculator, gpa calculator, grade calculator, concrete calculator, subnet calculator, password generator conversion calculator and many other tools and for text editing and formating, downloading videos from Facebok (we built one of the most famous Facebook video downloader online tools). We also provide you online downloanders for YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media sites (please note we does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook's, YouTube's, Linkedin's, Instagram's, Twitter's, Snapchat's, TikTok's CDNs. We also specialise on keyboard shortcuts, ALT codes for Mac, Windows and Linux and other usefull hints and tools (how to write emoji online etc.)
There are many very usefull online free tools and we would be happy if you share our page to others or send us any suggestions for other tools which will come on your mind. Also in case you find any of our tools that it does not work properly or need a better translation - please let us know. Our tools will make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way.
These below are the most commonly used by many users all over the world.
- Free online calculators and tools
- Free online units conversion tools
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
- Free online electrical calculators and tools
- Free online financial calculators and tools
- Free online grade calculators and tools
- Free online lighting calculators and tools
- Free online math calculators and tools
- Free online wire calculators and tools
- Free online time calculators and tools
- Free online baby calculators and tools
- Free online body calculators and tools
- Adding fractions free online calculator
- Addition free online calculator
- Antilog free online calculator
- Arccos free online calculator
- Arcsin free online calculator
- Arctan free online calculator
- Average free online calculator
- Base free online calculator
- Binary free online calculator
- Convolution free online calculator
- Cosine free online calculator
- Dividing fractions free online calculator
- Division free online calculator
- Exponential growth/decay formula calculator online free
- Exponents free online calculator
- Factorial free online calculator
- Fractions free online calculator
- Greatest common factor free online calculator
- Least common multiple free online calculator
- Logarithm free online calculator
- Math free online calculator
- Multiplication free online calculator
- Multiplying fractions free online calculator
- Natural logarithm free online calculator
- Percent error free online calculator
- Percentage change free online calculator
- Percentage free online calculator
- Percentage increase/decrease free online calculator
- Pythagorean theorem free online calculator
- Quadratic equation free online calculator
- Radicals and roots free online calculator
- Random number free online generator
- Random number generator 0-1
- Random number generator 0-10
- Random number generator 0-100
- Random number generator 0-9
- Random number generator 0-99
- Random number generator 1-10
- Random number generator 1-100
- Random number generator 1-2
- Random number generator 1-20
- Random number generator 1-3
- Random number generator 1-4
- Random number generator 1-5
- Random number generator 1-6
- Ratio free online calculator
- Scientific notation free online calculator
- Simplifying fractions free online calculator
- Sine free online calculator
- Square root free online calculator
- Standard deviation free online calculator
- Subtracting fractions free online calculator
- Subtraction free online calculator
- Tangent free online calculator
- Trigonometry free online calculator
- Variance free online calculator
- Weighted average free online calculator
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.