American wire gauge (AWG) to mm and mm2 converison calculator, chart and how to convert.
* Diameter and area values are rounded to fit the nearest AWG value.
AWG to total area calculator
When calclating AWG from diameter or cross sectional area, the diameter and cross sectional area are rounded to the nearest AWG equivalent values.
Wire diameter calculation
The n gauge wire diameter dn in millimeters (mm) is equal to 0.127mm times 92 raised to the power of 36 minus gauge number n, divided by 39:
dn (mm) = 0.127 mm × 92(36-n)/39
0.127mm is the diameter of gauge #36.
Wire cross sectional area calculation
The n gauge wire's cross sercional area An in square millimeters (mm2) is equal to pi divided by 4 times the square wire diameter d in millimeters (mm):
An (mm2) = (π/4)×dn2 = 0.012668 mm2 × 92(36-n)/19.5
Currently, we have around 935 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and features to make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way. These below are the most commonly used by many users at all
- Free online calculators and tools
- Free online units conversion tools
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
- Free online electrical calculators and tools
- Free online financial calculators and tools
- Free online grade calculators and tools
- Free online lighting calculators and tools
- Free online math calculators and tools
- Free online wire calculators and tools
- Free online time calculators and tools
- Free online baby calculators and tools
- Free online body calculators and tools
- Wire gauge free online calculator
- AWG to mm free online calculator
- SWG to mm free online calculator
- Voltage drop free online calculator
- #2 Gauge Wire
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.