How to reduce your carbon footprint. How to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- directions_car directions_bus flight Transportation
- ac_unit Heating & cooling
- kitchen Appliances
- lightbulb_outline Lighting
- shopping_cart Shopping
- local_dining Food
- nature Wood
- closeflightdirections_boat Avoid flights/Cruise ships
- directions_bus Take the bus / train
- directions_bike Ride bicycle
- directions_walk Walk
- work Live close to work
- home Work from home
- local_gas_station Buy a car with low fuel consumption
- directions_car Buy hybrid/electric car
- directions_car Drive moderately
- directions_car Keep enough distance from next car
- directions_car When driving look ahead to avoid unnecessary accelerations and decelerations
- directions_car Avoid driving with high motor RPM
- directions_car Drive with highest gear possible
- work Reduce baggage weight
- close Close the car windows
- access_time Avoid driving during rush hour
- directions_car Avoid unnecessary car driving
- directions_car Avoid motor idling
- directions_car Keep tires with proper air pressure
- settings Maintain your car regulary
- map Plan your driving route to minimize the distance
- directions_run Prefer stairs to elevator
- directions_run Use the stairs instead of elevator
- phone_iphone Use application to minimize driving time
This will save your car and other cars fuel consumption, and also decrease the probability for car accidents. Low acceleration will enable electric motor usage instead of fuel motor in hybrid cars. Low deceleration will enable battery charge instead of breaks usage in hybrid cars.
- wb_sunny Install solar water heater system
- home Insulate your house
- home Install window shutters
- home Install double glazing windows.
- home Close windows and doors (except for ventilation)
- ac_unit Prefer A/C heating to electric/gas/wood heating
- ac_unit Prefer gas heating to wood/coal
- home Consider to cover your roof with plants
- home Consider to cover your roof with white paint/cover at summer
- ac_unit Prefer fan to A/C
- ac_unit Prefer local heating/cooling to global
- ac_unit Set A/C's thermostat to moderate temperature
- ac_unit Use A/C heating instead of electric heater
- ac_unit Use A/C locally in the room instead of the whole house
- ac_unit Clean A/C's filters
- ac_unit Wear clothes that fit the current temperature
- ac_unit Wear thick clothes to keep warm
- ac_unit Wear lite clothes to keep cool
- settings_power Lower water heater temperature to around 122°F
- ac_unit Use water heat pump
- free_breakfast Drink cold water when hot & warm drinks when cold
- star_border Use Energy Star certified appliances
- star_border Check appliance's Energy Efficiency rating
- power Buy appliances with low power consumption
- settings_power Turn off appliances and gadgets that are in stand by state
- kitchen Avoid opening frequently the refrigerator door
- kitchen Leave enough space between the refrigerator and the wall to allow ventilation
- local_laundry_service Wash your clothes with cold water
- local_laundry_service Use shorter washing machine program
- local_laundry_service Fill the washing machine / dryer / dishwasher before operation
- tv Buy LED TV instead of plasma
- settings_brightness Reduce display brightness
- laptop Prefer laptop over desktop computer
- phone_iphone Prefer smartphone over laptop
- settings_power Disconnect electrical charger when it finished charging
- cast_connected Prefer microwave oven over toaster oven
- laptop Set PC energy saving features
- battery_charging_full Set battery saver modes
- local_laundry_service Use clothes drying rack instead of electric clothes dryer
- free_breakfast Put the exact amount of water that you need in your electric kettle
Set Mac energy saver features.
Set iPhone low power mode.
Set Android battery.
Turn off GPS location, WiFi and bluetooth when you don't need it.
- lightbulb_outline Use LED light bulbs
- lightbulb_outline Use low power light bulbs
- lightbulb_outline Turn off the light when you leave the room
- wb_sunny Use sunlight instead of artificial light
- local_hotel Go to sleep early
- format_paint Paint the walls white
- check Preffer companies with high climate change rating
- shopping_cart Avoid buying unnecessary products
- local_shipping Buy localy produced products
- shopping_cart Buy reliable long-lasting products
- shopping_cart Prefer renewable resources products
- build Fix faulty products instead of buying
- fastfood Reduce food consumption
- fastfood Reduce meat & dairy consumption
- local_drink Drink warm/cold drinks
- place Prefer locally produced food to imported food
- nature Avoid food containing palm oil
- local_gas_station Consider using biogas digester
- nature_people Plant trees
- autorenew Recycle papers
- shopping_cart Buy wood from sustainable forests
- nature_people Avoid burning trimming & pruning
- print Avoid printing
- print Print on both sides of the paper
- description Read online newspapers instead of printed newspaper
Reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- thumb_up Support carbon tax
- how_to_vote Vote for environmental friendly candidates
- $$$ Don't invest in oil/coal companies
- autorenew Recycle waste materials
- autorenew Use electricity from renewable sources.
- wb_sunny Install solar panels on your roof to generate electricity.
- wb_sunny Clean your solar panels regulary to increase panel efficiency.
WHAT IS A CARBON FOOTPRINT
The trace of the greenhouse gases produced by human activities are known as the carbon footprint. This environmental indicator measures both direct and indirect emissions of compounds like methane (CH4), nitrogen oxide (N2O), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs), sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) and, above all, the most abundant and most important contributor to global warming since 1990: Carbon dioxide (CO2).
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) says that the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2019 and that today's levels of atmospheric CO2 are comparable to those of more than three million years ago, when the earth's thermometer marked a temperature about 3°C higher and sea levels were 10 to 20 metres higher than they are today. According to the Global Footprint Network, so far, the carbon footprint has not stopped growing. In fact it has increased elevenfold since 1961 and now accounts for 60 % of man's total impact on the environment.
PERSONAL CARBON FOOTPRINT
Your personal carbon footprint is what you leave behind as a result of moving about, consuming, eating and using resources like energy. Environmental NGO The Nature Conservancy estimates that each inhabitant on the planet produces an average of almost four tons of CO2 every year, while in countries like the United States this amount is up to four times that per person and per year.
The Nature Conservancy says that we all need to reduce our carbon footprints to less than two tons per year by 2050. The experts say that this is the best way to ensure that temperatures stop rising and don't reach the dreaded 2 °C threshold, which would exacerbate climate change and transform it into an irreversible problem.
Currently, we have around 940 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and software features for students, teaching and teachers, designers and simply for everyone.
You can find at this page financial calculators, mortgage calculators, calculators for loans, calculators for auto loan and lease calculators, interest calculators, payment calculators, retirement calculators, amortization calculators, investment calculators, inflation calculators, finance calculators, income tax calculators, compound interest calculators, salary calculator, interest rate calculator, sales tax calculator, fitness & health calculators, bmi calculator, calorie calculators, body fat calculator, bmr calculator, ideal weight calculator, pace calculator, pregnancy calculator, pregnancy conception calculator, due date calculator, math calculators, scientific calculator, fraction calculator, percentage calculators, random number generator, triangle calculator, standard deviation calculator, other calculators, age calculator, date calculator, time calculator, hours calculator, gpa calculator, grade calculator, concrete calculator, subnet calculator, password generator conversion calculator and many other tools and for text editing and formating, downloading videos from Facebok (we built one of the most famous Facebook video downloader online tools). We also provide you online downloanders for YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media sites (please note we does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook's, YouTube's, Linkedin's, Instagram's, Twitter's, Snapchat's, TikTok's CDNs. We also specialise on keyboard shortcuts, ALT codes for Mac, Windows and Linux and other usefull hints and tools (how to write emoji online etc.)
There are many very usefull online free tools and we would be happy if you share our page to others or send us any suggestions for other tools which will come on your mind. Also in case you find any of our tools that it does not work properly or need a better translation - please let us know. Our tools will make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way.
These below are the most commonly used by many users all over the world.
- Free online calculators and tools
- Free online units conversion tools
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.