Enter the voltage in volts, charge in elementary charge or coulombs and press the Calculate button:
Volts to eV calculation with elementary charge
The energy E in electron-volts (eV) is equal to the voltage V in volts (V), times the electric charge Q in elementary charge or proton/electron charge (e):
E(eV) = V(V) × Q(e)
The elementary charge is the electric charge of 1 electron with the e symbol.
Volts to eV calculation with coulombs
The energy E in electron-volts (eV) is equal to the voltage V in volts (V), times the electrical charge Q in coulombs (C) divided by 1.602176565×10-19:
E(eV) = V(V) × Q(C) / 1.602176565×10-19
What is electronvolt (eV)?
In physics, an electronvolt (symbol eV, also written electron-volt and electron volt) is the amount of kinetic energy gained by a single electron accelerating from rest through an electric potential difference of one volt in vacuum. When used as a unit of energy, the numerical value of 1 eV in joules (symbol J) is equivalent to the numerical value of the charge of an electron in coulombs (symbol C). Under the 2019 redefinition of the SI base units, this sets 1 eV equal to the exact value 1.602176634×10−19 J.
Historically, the electronvolt was devised as a standard unit of measure through its usefulness in electrostatic particle accelerator sciences, because a particle with electric charge q has an energy E = qV after passing through the potential V; if q is quoted in integer units of the elementary charge and the potential in volts, one gets an energy in eV.
It is a common unit of energy within physics, widely used in solid state, atomic, nuclear, and particle physics. It is commonly used with the metric prefixes milli-, kilo-, mega-, giga-, tera-, peta- or exa- (meV, keV, MeV, GeV, TeV, PeV and EeV respectively). In some older documents, and in the name Bevatron, the symbol BeV is used, which stands for billion (109) electronvolts; it is equivalent to the GeV.
What is volt?
The volt (symbol: V) is the derived unit for electric potential, electric potential difference (voltage), and electromotive force. It is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta (1745–1827).
One volt is defined as the electric potential between two points of a conducting wire when an electric current of one ampere dissipates one watt of power between those points. Equivalently, it is the potential difference between two points that will impart one joule of energy per coulomb of charge that passes through it. It can be expressed in terms of SI base units (m, kg, s, and A) as:
It can also be expressed as amperes times ohms (current times resistance, Ohm's law), webers per second (magnetic flux per time), watts per ampere (power per unit current, definition of electric power), or joules per coulomb (energy per unit charge), which is also equivalent to electronvolts per elementary charge:
Currently, we have around 940 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and software features for students, teaching and teachers, designers and simply for everyone.
You can find at this page financial calculators, mortgage calculators, calculators for loans, calculators for auto loan and lease calculators, interest calculators, payment calculators, retirement calculators, amortization calculators, investment calculators, inflation calculators, finance calculators, income tax calculators, compound interest calculators, salary calculator, interest rate calculator, sales tax calculator, fitness & health calculators, bmi calculator, calorie calculators, body fat calculator, bmr calculator, ideal weight calculator, pace calculator, pregnancy calculator, pregnancy conception calculator, due date calculator, math calculators, scientific calculator, fraction calculator, percentage calculators, random number generator, triangle calculator, standard deviation calculator, other calculators, age calculator, date calculator, time calculator, hours calculator, gpa calculator, grade calculator, concrete calculator, subnet calculator, password generator conversion calculator and many other tools and for text editing and formating, downloading videos from Facebok (we built one of the most famous Facebook video downloader online tools). We also provide you online downloanders for YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media sites (please note we does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook's, YouTube's, Linkedin's, Instagram's, Twitter's, Snapchat's, TikTok's CDNs. We also specialise on keyboard shortcuts, ALT codes for Mac, Windows and Linux and other usefull hints and tools (how to write emoji online etc.)
There are many very usefull online free tools and we would be happy if you share our page to others or send us any suggestions for other tools which will come on your mind. Also in case you find any of our tools that it does not work properly or need a better translation - please let us know. Our tools will make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way.
These below are the most commonly used by many users all over the world.
- Free online calculators and tools
- Free online units conversion tools
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
- Free online electrical calculators and tools
- Free online financial calculators and tools
- Free online grade calculators and tools
- Free online lighting calculators and tools
- Free online math calculators and tools
- Free online wire calculators and tools
- Free online time calculators and tools
- Free online baby calculators and tools
- Free online body calculators and tools
- Amps to kW free online calculator
- Amps to kVA free online calculator
- Amps to VA free online calculator
- Amps to volts free online calculator
- Amps to Watts free online calculator
- Electricity bill free online calculator
- Energy consumption free online calculator
- Energy cost free online calculator
- Electron-volts to volts free online calculator
- Joules to watts free online calculator
- Joules to volts free online calculator
- kVA to amps free online calculator
- kVA to watts free online calculator
- kVA to kW free online calculator
- kVA to VA free online calculator
- Kilowatts to Amps free online calculator
- Kilowatts to volts free online calculator
- Kilowatts to kilowatt-hours free online calculator
- kW to VA free online calculator
- kW to kVA free online calculator
- Kilowatt-hours to kilowatts free online calculator
- KWh to watts free online calculator
- mAh to Wh free online calculator
- Ohm's law free online calculator
- Power free online calculator
- Power factor free online calculator
- VA to amps free online calculator
- VA to watts free online calculator
- VA to kW free online calculator
- VA to kVA free online calculator
- Voltage divider free online calculator
- Voltage drop free online calculator
- Volts to amps free online calculator
- Volts to Watts free online calculator
- Volts to kilowatts free online calculator
- Volts to joules free online calculator
- Volts to electron-volts free online calculator
- Watts-volts-amps-ohms free online calculator
- Watts to Amps free online calculator
- Watts to joules free online calculator
- Watts to kWh free online calculator
- Watts to volts free online calculator
- Watts to VA free online calculator
- Watts to kVA free online calculator
- Wh to mAh free online calculator
- Wire gauge free online calculator
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.