Watts (W) to volt-amps (VA) calculator.
Watts to VA calculation
The apparent power S in volt-amps (VA) is equal to the real power P in watts (W), divided by the power factor PF:
S(VA) = P(W) / PF
Watt unit definition
The watt (symbol: W) is a unit of power or radiant flux. In the International System of Units (SI), it is defined as a derived unit of (in SI base units) 1 kg⋅m2⋅s−3 or, equivalently, 1 joule per second. It is used to quantify the rate of energy transfer. The watt is named after James Watt, an 18th-century Scottish inventor.
When an object's velocity is held constant at one metre per second against a constant opposing force of one newton, the rate at which work is done is one watt.
In terms of electromagnetism, one watt is the rate at which electrical work is performed when a current of one ampere (A) flows across an electrical potential difference of one volt (V), meaning the watt is equivalent to the volt-ampere (the latter unit, however, is used for a different quantity from the real power of an electrical circuit).
1 W = 1 V * 1 A
Two additional unit conversions for watt can be found using the above equation and Ohm's law.
1 W = 1 / (V*V/Ω)
where ohm (Ω) is the SI derived unit of electrical resistance.
Volt-ampere (VA) definition
A volt-ampere (SI symbol: V⋅A or V A; also VA) is the unit used for the apparent power in an electrical circuit. The apparent power equals the product of root mean square voltage and root mean square current. In direct current (DC) circuits, this product is equal to the real power in watts. Volt-amperes are usually used for analyzing alternating current (AC) circuits. The volt-ampere is dimensionally equivalent to the watt (in SI units, 1 V⋅A = 1 W). VA rating is most useful in rating wires and switches (and other power handling equipment) for inductive loads
For a simple electrical circuit running on direct current, the electrical current and voltage are constant. In that case, the real power (P, measured in watts) is the product of the electrical current (I, measured in amperes) and the voltage from one side of the circuit to the other (V, measured in volts):
P = I × V
However, for alternating current, both the voltage and current fluctuate over time. The apparent power (S, measured in volt-amperes) is calculated using the root mean square voltage (Vrms, measured in volts) and root mean square current (Irms measured in amps):
S = Irms × Vrms
Currently, we have around 5612 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and software features for students, teaching and teachers, designers and simply for everyone.
You can find at this page financial calculators, mortgage calculators, calculators for loans, calculators for auto loan and lease calculators, interest calculators, payment calculators, retirement calculators, amortization calculators, investment calculators, inflation calculators, finance calculators, income tax calculators, compound interest calculators, salary calculator, interest rate calculator, sales tax calculator, fitness & health calculators, bmi calculator, calorie calculators, body fat calculator, bmr calculator, ideal weight calculator, pace calculator, pregnancy calculator, pregnancy conception calculator, due date calculator, math calculators, scientific calculator, fraction calculator, percentage calculators, random number generator, triangle calculator, standard deviation calculator, other calculators, age calculator, date calculator, time calculator, hours calculator, gpa calculator, grade calculator, concrete calculator, subnet calculator, password generator conversion calculator and many other tools and for text editing and formating, downloading videos from Facebok (we built one of the most famous Facebook video downloader online tools). We also provide you online downloanders for YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media sites (please note we does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook's, YouTube's, Linkedin's, Instagram's, Twitter's, Snapchat's, TikTok's CDNs. We also specialise on keyboard shortcuts, ALT codes for Mac, Windows and Linux and other usefull hints and tools (how to write emoji online etc.)
There are many very usefull online free tools and we would be happy if you share our page to others or send us any suggestions for other tools which will come on your mind. Also in case you find any of our tools that it does not work properly or need a better translation - please let us know. Our tools will make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way.
These below are the most commonly used by many users all over the world.
- Free online calculators and tools
- Time zones/Clocks/Dates calculators
- Free Online Units Conversion Calculators
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
- Free online downloaders for social media
- Free online electrical calculators and tools
- Free online financial calculators and tools
- Free online grade calculators and tools
- Free online lighting calculators and tools
- Free online math calculators and tools
- Free online wire calculators and tools
- Free online baby calculators and tools
- Free online body calculators and tools
- Amps to kVA free online calculator
- Amps to kW free online calculator
- Amps to VA free online calculator
- Amps to volts free online calculator
- Amps to Watts free online calculator
- Electricity bill free online calculator
- Electron-volts to volts free online calculator
- Energy consumption free online calculator
- Energy cost free online calculator
- Joules to volts free online calculator
- Joules to watts free online calculator
- Kilowatt-hours to kilowatts free online calculator
- Kilowatts to Amps free online calculator
- Kilowatts to kilowatt-hours free online calculator
- Kilowatts to volts free online calculator
- kVA to amps free online calculator
- kVA to kW free online calculator
- kVA to VA free online calculator
- kVA to watts free online calculator
- kW to kVA free online calculator
- kW to VA free online calculator
- KWh to watts free online calculator
- mAh to Wh free online calculator
- Ohm's law free online calculator
- Power factor free online calculator
- Power free online calculator
- VA to amps free online calculator
- VA to kVA free online calculator
- VA to kW free online calculator
- VA to watts free online calculator
- Voltage divider free online calculator
- Voltage drop free online calculator
- Volts to amps free online calculator
- Volts to electron-volts free online calculator
- Volts to joules free online calculator
- Volts to kilowatts free online calculator
- Volts to Watts free online calculator
- Watts to Amps free online calculator
- Watts to joules free online calculator
- Watts to kVA free online calculator
- Watts to kWh free online calculator
- Watts to VA free online calculator
- Watts to volts free online calculator
- Watts-volts-amps-ohms free online calculator
- Wh to mAh free online calculator
- Wire gauge free online calculator
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.