What is electricity consumption of average/common lightbult?
|Usage (kWh)||Cost (USD)|
An electric light having a wire filament that emits light when current flows through it is referred to as an incandescent light bulb or incandescent lamp. Although it is inexpensive to make, incandescent lighting is incredibly inefficient, producing light from just 5% of the energy it receives.
To calculate the cost of power for a single LED light bulb using 60 Watts for 5 hours per day at $0.10 per kWh, click the calculate button. You can also make any necessary changes to the input fields.
The energy consumption of a LED, CFL, incandescent and other lightbulbs
Hours Used Per Day: Indicate the average number of hours per day that the device is used. If the daily power usage is less than one hour, enter the number as a decimal (for instance, 30 minutes a day equals 0.5).
Power Use (Watts): Type in the watts that represent the device's typical power use.
Price (kWh): Enter the price per kilowatt hour you pay typically; our calculators use a default value of 0.10 (10 cents). Check your power bill for the precise cost.
LED, CFL, and incandescent light bulb comparison:
|Lifespan in hours||10,000||9,000||1,000|
|Purchase price of the bulb||$2.50||$2.40||$1.25|
|Cost for 50,000 hours @ $0.10 per kWh||$50||$70||$300|
|Bulbs needed for 50,000 hours||5||5.50||50|
|Total cost for 50,000 hours including bulb price||$62.50||$83.20||$362.50|
* Assuming 5 hours a day at the rate of $0.10 per kWh.
Since incandescent light bulbs are not very energy-efficient, several jurisdictions have banned their sale over a specific wattage. To save energy and lengthen the lifespan of your light bulbs, it is strongly advised that you switch from incandescent illumination to LED or CFL.
What are the light source sockets?
There are many kinds and types of lighting, luminaires and, of course, light sources. Once you have chosen a suitable bulb based on the important features and parameters, another equally important criterion for a bulb is the selection of a suitable socket, which must match the luminaire.
The sockets are the parts of the bulb in which the bulb and the lighting element are housed. This socket then fits into the socket and transfers the electric current from the mains to the bulb. Each luminaire is therefore equipped with a specific socket, and to this socket, a matching bulb must be selected, or more precisely a bulb with a matching socket.
Screw-in sockets (threaded sockets)
The most commonly used bulb sockets are threaded and are divided according to their size. Each size is used on a different type of light source and each fits a different application. The number gives us the diameter of the bulb socket in millimetres.
- E27 - The classic large E27 thread is the best-known and most widely used. It is also known as the "Edison thread" - hence the letter E, the number 27 denotes the diameter in millimetres.
- E14 - The second most used is the classic small thread with a diameter of 14 mm. It is sometimes colloquially referred to as the "small Edison thread".
- E40 - It is the largest of the screw-in sockets with a thread diameter of 40 mm. This socket is designed for high-performance applications. In the past, it was used for light sources with a power of up to 2000 W, today mainly for lamps with a power of up to 400 W. Due to its characteristics, it is mostly used for special lamps designed primarily for industrial and outdoor lighting.
- E10 - Sockets for low voltage applications. It can be found in handheld flashlights or Christmas chains.
They have the shape of a smooth cylinder with two opposite projections. These fit into the L-shaped cut-outs in the sleeve. There is a spring-loaded contact at the bottom of the sleeve. The light source is pushed into the socket by pressure against the spring and secured by turning. The use of spring makes the bayonet connection shockproof.
- B22 - They are produced in LED, but you can also find them in energy-saving bulbs or halogen lamps. It works with a voltage of 230 V.
- B22d - LED bulbs with this socket are usually suitable, for example, for outdoor decoration.
- GU10 - The letter G is derived from the English word globular; the letter U indicates the shape of the bulb and the number 10 indicates the pin spacing in mm. GU10 is a socket with two symmetrical 5 mm diameter pins with 10 mm spacing. It was originally designed for halogen light sources with directional emission. This socket is very widespread, works with a voltage of 230 V and is typical for spot lamps for ceiling luminaires. Some types of LED bulbs with this socket are dimmable.
Currently, we have around 5652 calculators, conversion tables and usefull online tools and software features for students, teaching and teachers, designers and simply for everyone.
You can find at this page financial calculators, mortgage calculators, calculators for loans, calculators for auto loan and lease calculators, interest calculators, payment calculators, retirement calculators, amortization calculators, investment calculators, inflation calculators, finance calculators, income tax calculators, compound interest calculators, salary calculator, interest rate calculator, sales tax calculator, fitness & health calculators, bmi calculator, calorie calculators, body fat calculator, bmr calculator, ideal weight calculator, pace calculator, pregnancy calculator, pregnancy conception calculator, due date calculator, math calculators, scientific calculator, fraction calculator, percentage calculators, random number generator, triangle calculator, standard deviation calculator, other calculators, age calculator, date calculator, time calculator, hours calculator, gpa calculator, grade calculator, concrete calculator, subnet calculator, password generator conversion calculator and many other tools and for text editing and formating, downloading videos from Facebok (we built one of the most famous Facebook video downloader online tools). We also provide you online downloanders for YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media sites (please note we does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook's, YouTube's, Linkedin's, Instagram's, Twitter's, Snapchat's, TikTok's CDNs. We also specialise on keyboard shortcuts, ALT codes for Mac, Windows and Linux and other usefull hints and tools (how to write emoji online etc.)
There are many very usefull online free tools and we would be happy if you share our page to others or send us any suggestions for other tools which will come on your mind. Also in case you find any of our tools that it does not work properly or need a better translation - please let us know. Our tools will make your life easier or simply help you to do your work or duties faster and in more effective way.
These below are the most commonly used by many users all over the world.
- Free online calculators and tools
- Time zones/Clocks/Dates calculators
- Free Online Units Conversion Calculators
- Free online web design tools
- Free online electricity & electronics tools
- Online Tools
- Text Tools
- PDF Tools
- Free online downloaders for social media
- My PC / computer
- Free online electrical calculators and tools
- Free online financial calculators and tools
- Free online grade calculators and tools
- Free online lighting calculators and tools
- Free online math calculators and tools
- Free online wire calculators and tools
- Free online baby calculators and tools
- Free online body calculators and tools
- Electricity power consumptions/usage
- Air conditioner electricity usage
- Alarm clock radio electricity usage
- Ceiling fan electricity usage
- Cell phone charger electricity usage
- Central air conditioner electricity usage
- CFL light bulb electricity usage
- Clothes dryer electricity usage
- Clothes washer electricity usage
- Coffee maker electricity usage
- Cooking stove top electricity usage
- Cordless phone electricity usage
- CRT monitor electricity usage
- Desktop computer electricity usage
- Dishwasher electricity usage
- DVR electricity usage
- Electric furnace electricity usage
- Freezer electricity usage
- Game console electricity usage
- Hair dryer electricity usage
- Incandescent light Bulb electricity usage
- Iron electricity usage
- Laptop/Notebook electricity usage
- LCD/LED display or TV screen electricity usage
- LED light bulb electricity usage
- Microwave electricity usage
- Oven electricity usage
- Printer electricity usage
- Refrigerator electricity usage
- Space heater electricity usage
- Toaster electricity usage
- Vacuum electricity usage
- Water heater electricity usage
- Watts, Volts, Amps & Ohms Calculator
- Wi-Fi router electricity usage
And we are still developing more. Our goal is to become the one-stop, go-to site for people who need to make quick calculations or who need to find quick answer for basic conversions.
Additionally, we believe the internet should be a source of free information. Therefore, all of our tools and services are completely free, with no registration required. We coded and developed each calculator individually and put each one through strict, comprehensive testing. However, please inform us if you notice even the slightest error – your input is extremely valuable to us. While most calculators on Justfreetools.com are designed to be universally applicable for worldwide usage, some are for specific countries only.